Roman and Mediaeval History, Illlustrated Travel Journals, Mediaeval Literature, Geology


20.10.12
  Trees and a Squirrel

We got some glorious autumn days right now, and since the way to my job place goes through part of the Forest Botanical Garden, I decided to bring my camera yesterday.

My way to work (well, after I got off a 35 min bus ride)

There's a little pond, too, which looks lovely right now.

A pond in the Forest Botanical Garden

I turned to take another shot.

The pond from a different angle

When something threw something at me. And I could hear a crunching sound.

What's hiding there?

I looked up into the tree. It was camouflaged well, brownish against brown branches and yellow leaves, and against the low autumn sun.

A red squirrel, eating some nut or seed. Audibly so.

Red squirrels are pretty common in Germany (we don't get the grey variant), and in the park they are not shy; they sometimes squirrel across the way right in front of you.

Spot the Squirrel

Another shot of the wee bugger in all its bushy-tailed glory.

More pretty trees

I took some more photos of trees before I had to catch the bus home. If the weather holds, I should walk the other ways in the park with my camera, too.
 
Comments:
Gorgeous colours, and I love the red squirrel! :) We're having fabulous warm weather here too, and I'm really enjoying it. :)
 
Glorious photos! Well done for getting a picture of the cute squirrel. We mostly have greys over here.
 
Love the pond shot. :) Your red squirrels have longer (tufted) ears than our red squirrels...
 
Thank you, Kathryn, Carla and Constance.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home


Miscellaneous musings of an aspiring Historical Fiction and Fantasy author. Illustrated essays on Roman, Dark Age and Mediaeval history, Mediaeval literature, and Geology. Some poetry translations and writing stuff. And lots of photos of old castles, cathedrals, Roman remains, and beautiful landscapes from Germany, the UK, Scandinavia, and the Baltic States.

All texts (except comments by guests) and photos (if no other copyright is noted) on this blog are copyright of Gabriele Campbell.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germany

I'm a writer of Historical Fiction and Fantasy living in Germany. I got a MA in Literature, Scandinavian Studies, Linguistics and History, I'm interested in Archaeology and everything Roman and Mediaeval, an avid reader, opera enthusiast, traveller with a liking for foreign languages and odd rocks, and photographer.


e-mail

Twitter